Next Beyond the Book event designed to help aspiring first-time buyers
Posted on April 30 2021
Chloe Timperley, author of Generation Rent, will be giving our next 'Beyond the Book' talk on Wednesday 19th May, starting at 7:30pm.
Chloe is a writer and commentator on all things housing, and her professional experience is in the financial planning industry - which involves helping people plan towards retirement and other big financial milestones.
Chloe will cover common questions like:
- How do I know what's possible?
- What are the best ways to save?
- What costs do I need to factor in *besides* the deposit?
- How do I navigate the buying process?
- What are the risks I need to consider?
- What are the implications of renting forever?
- ...and many more.
Renting in modern Britain is expensive, substandard and insecure - and so it's little wonder that the prospect of escaping the private rented sector for good remains as tantalising as ever. But advice on how to plan towards buying your first home is surprisingly scarce. That's where we come in. Members of generation rent should not abandon all hope. Find out what it takes to make the leap from tenant to homeowner.
You can order tickets for the talk here.